Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bad Mommy!

I went shopping today with my mom and sisters. After finishing lunch, I was trying to get Sadie to put her coat on so we could go and being little miss defiant she was refusing. She had sat herself on the floor and I had one of her hands and went to pull her up. She refused to put her feet down and went limp and swung right into the chair. She started crying pretty hard so I figured that she had bumped her head pretty good. When I picked her up she had blood gushing from above her eye, she had split it open right next to her eyebrow. I was wearing a scarf and quickly put it over the cut to stop the blood. My sister who is a medical assistant said she would probably need stitches. Knowing that they would have to numb it by giving her a shot directly into the wound, I was not about to go and do that. It wasn't overly deep and would have only required two or three stitches at the most. After cleaning her up and me ( I had blood all over my face from her hiding her face in mine), we went to get some band aids at Target and she wouldn't let us touch her with them. Most kids want a band aid but Sadie was content to sit in the car and look at her cut in the mirror. When we got home, I held her down while my sister applied the much needed band aid because the cut had started to split further from not having one on it. She is doing good now but I feel pretty bad like it was my fault for trying to haul her up to her feet and ultimately ended in her smacking her head on the chair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Sadie! I hope she feels better! What are you guys doing for the sugar bowl tomorrow?