Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wishing on a star


So tonight as I was driving home from my sister's house, Addie informed me that she really wants a baby elephant. Now, we have had this talk a few times and I keep telling her that baby elephants are really big and we just don't have room in the backyard to keep one. Well she told me that she was going to wish on a star for a baby elephant and looked out the car window and amazingly found a star, I checked because I was hoping that she wouldn't. I am not trying to dash her dreams and be a mean mom but she really believes that by wishing on a star she will receive a baby elephant. So anyway she said her little wish and she seriously believes that a stork (yes, she loves the movie Dumbo) is going to bring her a baby elephant. I hope she is not overly disappointed when she doesn't receive this very hoped for baby elephant.
On a different note, Ryan is in New Orleans celebrating the New Year with all the other Utah fans who are there for the Sugar Bowl. I decided to stay behind because I did not want to risk having a baby in New Orleans besides, Delta would not have allowed me to fly anyway. Did anyone catch the story of the lady traveling from Amsterdam to Boston who delivered her baby on the plane tonight? Yeah that has to suck delivering a baby on a dirty airplane....good times. So after I finish this post it is off to do some ironing. Yeah HAPPY NEW YEAR! Really though it is all good because we never stay up till midnight anyway and with as much ironing as I have, I just may make it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would a stuffed dumbo elephant work? That is what we got Maddie when she loved the movie. She is too cute! Let us know if you need anything! Good luck with the ironing.