Thursday, December 11, 2008

Newton Family Christmas Party

For the third year in a row, my family has done a Christmas Party in which my parents take everyone out for lunch at Texas Roadhouse, we go ice skating at Gallivan Plaza and then we go and see the lights at Temple Square. It is my parents Christmas present to all of us and we always have a great time.
This year, Addie learned to skate by herself and boy was she proud! She would skate around with a huge grin on her face and one of my sisters would follow behind her to "try" and catch her if she fell. At times they were successful and other times they weren't. When she would fall, she would lay on her back and move her arms and legs like she was making a snow angel and then she would pop back up saying she was okay and off she would go again.
Sadie had a great time skating and each turn around the rink she would go with someone else. It was pretty tiring to hold her up for more than one lap.
My dad this year again tried to perfect his turns....I don't know who has a better time skating, Addie or my dad. It is definately a toss up.
Jen (Willy's wife) and I sat out this year due to the fact that we are both going to have babies within a month of each other.

Addie skating by herself

starting to fall.....

...she has fallen


My dad and Ryan ....awwww


I am so lucky to have such cute parents....there is hope for me when I am their age


Addie and Sadie


Sadie and Willy

Rafal and Alek....so cute!

Sadie skating

2 comments:

Renee said...

Looks like fun! What a neat tradition. Your mom is beautiful...you do have good genes that I am sure will carry on until you are old!

R.A.A.H. said...

That was so much fun. We always have a great time when our family gets together. Addie had the biggest smile when she realized she could skate on her own. You should take her to Seven Peaks and let her skate again.