Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Two Down, One to Go....

Tonight I finished up with my second research paper and it isn't even due until Monday! I am so excited for this semester to be over that I am trying to finish up my last research paper that is due next Tuesday by tomorrow. So far I have finished a paper on the "Cuban Missile Crisis" totaling 12 pages and requiring a minimum of 6 primary sources. I also finished a 15 page paper on "The Black Sox Scandal of 1919" with 21 primary sources. Tomorrow I hope to finish my Vietnam paper on the "Battle of Ong Thanh" that as of right now encompass' 7 pages with probably 7 more to go. This semester each of my papers was a "primary source" paper and let me tell you those suck to write especially where I am an under grad and I am not going to fly to some of these cities to dig through their archives. I mean come on, most don't do that until grad school. So anyway, you have to work with what you can acquire on campus or through the net and I think Ryan will be excited to not see me sitting at the kitchen counter for hours on end. Halfway through the semester I realized that I work much better when I don't sit in front of the T.V. (crazy I know) so when I get home from school at about 1:30 I plop myself down in the kitchen and work through dinner (thanks again hon for making dinner every night) until I either get sick of it (around 10:30 - 11:00) or like last night, determined to finish I stayed up until 1:30. Hopefully tomorrow I will have finished my Vietnam paper and then I have 4 finals to take next week. Two weeks from today I don't think I will be able to wipe the smile from my face because I will be done with the semester and have three lovely homework free weeks until the next one.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Your amazing...I honestly don't know how you do it with two little ones! I hope that semester ends well and you can move on to enjoy the final weeks of your pregnancy!

--m.k.r. said...

That is great, I hope you do finish that paper today. Good Luck.

R.A.A.H. said...

I'm exhausted just reading about all the papers you had to write. Well, at least you're a good writer and thank goodness the semester is almost over.

Anonymous said...

Wow you are so busy! How do you do it? I hope you don't mind I copied your saying things on the side of your blog. Your girls crack me up!