Friday, December 26, 2008

I am at a "2"!

So I had a doctor's appt. today and when I got there, they told me that she was going to check me. I had not planned on this and Ryan and I had the girls with us. So I told Addie that when the doctor came in she had to come stand up by my head and hold my hand. At first she was confused as to why and then when I took my pants off her comment was "ew gross mom, why are you taking off your pants?" I reminded her that when we took her to her doctor the last time for her check up he had to check her bum and that only doctors are allowed to check your bums so that is what Dr. Hinson was doing. That seemed to work and when the doctor came in she very obediently came and stood by my head and held my hand. She loves to watch her listen to Asher's heartbeat and always tell the doctor that she can feel her own heart beating. When the Dr. was checking to see if I was dilating (I am at a 2!) Addie was getting a little curious and tried to walk down to see but luckily I had a hold of her hand and kept her up by me. So anyway, I am dilated to a 2 and she didn't tell me how effaced I was and I forgot to ask so I will have to find out next Friday when I go (without the kids this time especially because Ryan will be at the Sugar Bowl). I am shooting for somewhere around the 16th of January which would be fun because that is my dad's birthday. Regardless if he comes on his own, my Dr. will induce me at 39 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! That is exciting! Maddie overheard me talking to Cam about my sisters progression, which led to a big discussion! Part of it was explaining how they "break your water". She has decided she does not want to have children!! Let us know if we can help you in anyway! Make sure to let us know if you end up being induced.