Thursday, January 22, 2009

Asher Rey Sedgwick


Asher Rey Sedgwick was born today, January 22, 2009 @ 2:11 p.m. He weighs 7 lbs 4 ozs and is 20.5 inches long. My doctor came and broke my water at 12:30 and when she came to check me at 1:45 I was fully dilated and his head was right there. So from set up to clean up it was about 20 minutes. I pushed twice and out he came. He was so easy and I am so lucky that I have such quick and easy labors. The nursing student that was helping could not believe how fast I went. Asher is doing great and nursing like a champ and I am feeling so good. When he came out, it felt so good to be able to breathe. I am so grateful for my wonderful doctor and that Asher is a healthy baby. Addison is so in love with her brother and wants to hold him all the time. At first she was very upset that Asher had dark hair and not red like her but once she saw him, it was all forgotten. Sadie is a little indifferent and doesn't really care one way or the other.
I want to thank my wonderful sister Kimberlee who was up before six this morning so that she could be at my house by 6:30 to watch my girls. She has been such a big help and I appreciate her so much.







15 comments:

Renee said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see more pictures! Good luck adjusting to three ...you will be great!

Liz said...

YEAH! Congratulations! I'm glad things went so easily for you! He looks darling!

Pace's said...

A huge congrats from us!! We can't wait to see him. Does he have his first baseball mitt yet? If not, I bet it doesn't take Ryan long to get one.

Sharlynn said...

Congrats! He is so cute! I am so glad everything went so fast and smoothly for you. That is wonderful.

--m.k.r. said...

Congrats! I am so glad that it was an easy labor, that makes things so much better. Glad he is doing so well, cannot wait to see him.

Unknown said...

I already miss him and I miss the girls too. Love you!!!

Becca said...

Congratulations Sedgwickies! And, Des, can I just say that I LOVE that sexy picture of you with your shoulder showing! OOOhh la la! Not many women can pull that off right after giving birth, but you did! :) He's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Desi! I am glad everything went so well. He is adorable. We want to come visit, but might wait until you get home. Let us know if we can do anything for you guys!

Brittney said...

I loved seeing and holding Asher today. He is so adorable. I love his little grunts, and it was great to visit with you guys. Oaklee has been asking for Ryan since we left the hospital. Buy her a grilled cheese and she is your best friend!!!!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. What a beautiful little boy!

Matt and Breck said...

Congrats Desi!!! That is exciting stuff. I am glad all went well.

Jenny said...

Good Job Guys! We are so excited to see him in person. Boys are so fun!

Anonymous said...

wow, Desi, you're not supposed to look that good right after having a baby! :oP He's precious! Congrats! Can't wait to see him.

Natalie said...

That just sounded to easy:) I'm glad it went well!! Congrats, he is so handsome:)

Chauntel said...

Congratulations! You guys have such a beautiful family!