Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We are having a BOY!

Today we went and had the ultrasound to find out what we are having. It was pretty clear that we are having a boy (even though I did ask the tech how sure she was). When she told us boy, we were both very excited. On the way to the hospital, Ryan asked me what I thought it was and I told him that I didn't feel strongly one way or the other. I asked him and he said he thought it was a boy and had been thinking that for some time now. Neither of us cared what we were having we just wanted it to be healthy and he is. Everything looked really good with all of his parts (he has them all). He was very active during the ultrasound and did not always want to cooperate. The tech got some shots of him kicking his leg (kicking me), it was really fun to watch. He is measuring a week bigger (19 weeks) but we will see if my doctor changes my due date or not. Right now he is due February 3rd, and with my other two I had progressed nicely so my doctor will induce a week early. Sadie came on her own two weeks early and if this one decides to do that, it would be great. Either way we are looking at the end of January for this one. We have decided to name him Asher Rey. Rey is Spanish for king and Ryan has always wanted to name a son that middle name. It is still pretty crazy that we are having a boy and Addie has finally accepted the fact (she really wanted another sister). So Asher will tip the scales in favor of the boys on my side, and there will be three little boys less than a year a part (Alek who is 6 months now and Willy and Jen are due to have a boy a month before me). So that is the news and we are excited! It will be fun to decorate a room for a boy.... Yankees or Utes?



His boy parts, Ryan is so proud!

Profile



Laying on his side with his arm up by his ear

Leg


Another side shot

11 comments:

--m.k.r. said...

Congrats! That is really exciting.

Camp Chris said...

We are so excited for you guys!! He's already so cute!!! Of course I think his room should be decorated in YANKEES!!!!

Brittney said...

Congrats! We are super excited for you guys, and really looking forward to having some more boys running around! Poor Brax has been all alone at Oaklee's birthday parties, not anymore!

Salty Gal said...

Congrats! I'm super excited for you guys...poor Ryan needs another boy around the house.

Shay said...

That is so fun! I was thinking that you would have and boy. Congratulation!

Shawn said...

We are so excited for you! Boys are so fun. I guess that is all I know but I love it. Now Alex will have a boy cousin at Grandma LaRille's parties!!!

Pace's said...

We are so excited for you!! And of course his room should definitely be Yankees.

R.A.A.H. said...

I'm so happy that you are having a boy. We will have so much fun shopping for boys things together. I know that Alek and Asher will be best friends. Now Addie can have 2 brothers.

mostly Stacy said...

I am so excited for you... I loooove having a boy. He might be harder to match clothes with though. I can't wait to meet him, I wonder if he will be a Sadie or an Addie baby. CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Congrats! I'm just a tad bit jealous but it will be a very very long time till I get to try for a boy. Good luck with everything!

Sherian said...

Congrats! I just caught up on your summer, and you guys are so much fun! I can't imagine how fun a little boy would be. Girls are fun too, but I've had to come to terms with the lack of High School football games my children with play in. Congrats and best of luck, I hope January comes quickly for you:)