Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone once again. It was a lot of fun and I am so grateful that my kids are starting to understand the true meaning of Christmas (especially Addison). On Christmas Eve we went to my parents where there was of course TONS of good food and fun. I won the Christmas trivia game this year, collected about $35 dollars when all was said and done. My parents of course spoiled their grandkids rotten. Sometimes after opening presents at my parents house, we really don't need much more for Christmas morning. For my mother especially, Christmas is all about the grandkids just like it was all about us when we were little.
The next morning we had to wake the kids up! It was awesome! Addison received a new BIG bike from Santa, Sadie the Tag Reading System and a camera and Asher a Train Table. They were all so excited and loved opening all their presents. Asher was really into it this year and had a ball opening his and helping his sister's open theirs as well.
We had breakfast with Ryan's family and then later that afternoon my parent's and Amber and Alek came over to see what the kids got. Alek and Sadie had a great time playing with the Moon Sand (not my smartest gift). They made ice cream and dessert for everyone multiple times.
Later that night, we cleaned everything up and Asher only destroyed his table twice (once with the help of Alek). I am getting good at setting it up now. I took a picture of it the night before so we could remember how it was set up and it has come in handy.
We are very grateful for this Christmas season, for the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ and for the sacrifices he made for each and everyone of us. I am so grateful for my husband and children and find so much joy in them daily. We are all truly blessed.


1 comment:

Amy said...

I haven't even posted yet about Christmas!!

Drew got a train set, too!! HE LOVES IT, too!! Did you get the Imaginarium one from Toys R Us? The table looks about the same! So fun!!

Looks like a fun Christmas!!