Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break 2010

We didn't do much for Spring Break because I was still in school. We went to the pool on Monday night. My friend Nicole and I swam with our kids while our husbands did water aerobics.
On Wednesday, we went to the zoo with Greg and Nicole. Greg and Nicole have two boys that are adopted and they have a very open adoption with the birth parents and grand parents. It is a really cool thing and we are thankful that they have included us in their extended -extended family. We have become friends with Hayze's birth grandparents and Sally his birth mom. They are some really great people and Greg, Nicole and Hayze are really lucky to still have them in their lives. Hendrix was adopted last June and the relationship with his birth parents is still expanding, but they too are some really great people.

Hayze's birth family on left and Nicole's parents and sister and nieces on right.

Ryan forgot a jacket but did okay. I think I was the only one really cold.

All the kiddos waiting to get into the zoo! Oh and Ryan, but he really is just a BIG kid.

Ryan took Wednesday through Friday off and we were able to get the yard fixed up for spring planting and the whole family was able to come with me on Friday when I defended my Senior Thesis. Ryan had not met my professors and I wanted him to meet them since I talk to them about him and him about them. It was cool for me and for him to meet them.
I did great on my defense. My professors have really become my friends and I really enjoy talking to them about everyday things. They were so complimentary to me and my paper. My chair told me that my paper was the best out of my cohort!
Saturday and Sunday was spent reorganizing the storage room, pantry, house and yard. Of course we did get in quite a few games of Settler's of Catan: Cities and Knights with Greg and Nicole. We also barbecued some fabulous steaks on Greg's new BBQ that Nicole bought him.
It was a fun week and now just two more weeks of school for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute family pict's!