Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sedgwick Baby # Dos' Room

I finally finished the room for the new baby! We decided to go with a New York Yankees theme. I painted the bottom half of the walls navy blue and the top white. We have a plethora of Yankees pictures and other memorabilia so we had plenty of stuff to hang on the walls. Bedding was a bit harder to find. There were Yankee crib sets if you wanted to spend $300 and I did not! I finally found a set that was on clearance at Target that would go well enough with the color scheme. The problem was, it didn't come with a bed skirt and I really like the bed skirts. After searching and only finding bed skirts that cost more than my bedding I decided to make my own. It turned out pretty good, good enough that I am happy with it.

My sister-in-law's brother came and painted the Yankee logo on the wall and it looks AMAZING! I am so happy with it! He just finished it up today and Ryan went out of town this morning. I am not one to wait so I decided to hang the pictures by myself (don't worry Ryan, I used a tape measure and the level). I am really happy with how it turned out and hope the next four weeks fly by fast, I am ready to be done being pregnant!



Before - It used to be Sadie's room

The Logo







4 comments:

R.A.A.H. said...

Both rooms look great. You are basically awesome. I haven't ever attempted to use the tape measure or the level myself because I know that I would do it wrong and pick pants Rafal would have to redo it.

Brittney said...

Both rooms look amazing. I love the themes and both paintings turned out amazing! What a talented brother I have!

Amy said...

This one is really great too! I love it!! Hope your 4 weeks goes super fast and that baby is here safe and sound!!

Dawn said...

After seeing your rooms I hope my living room turns out as well as your rooms did! Great job!