Monday, November 2, 2009

Derek Jeter

We train our kids young at our house to LOVE sports. We are HUGE Yankee and Utah fans. We were listening to a division series game a few weeks back and Sadie heard the announcer say "Derek Jeter". As soon as she heard it (funny she was listening to the game because we were in the car) she started chanting "Derek Jeter" (clap, clap, clap, clap clap). Ryan and I were so proud of her.
Tonight as we were watching the Yankees (damn Yankees lost), I started chanting Derek Jeter and this is what Asher started doing. (Sorry for the "damnit Brett" at the end but he popped up and ended the inning!)

3 comments:

Pace's said...

That is great. There is nothing wrong with brain washing our kids! Like you, we were in the car listening to the game, and when the announcer said "Jeter", Braxton yelled from the back seat, "Daddy, they said Jeter, he must be doing good and hit the baseball." I felt like a proud parent.

Sharlynn said...

Such a cute little guy. How fun to get your kids involved.

I can't believe that you remembered Natalie's name to ask her if that was her. You are good. After reading your comment I showed Natalie a picture of you and asked her about you talking to her. She said you did.

I am glad that she showed some kind of stranger danger action. I hope my kids don't just talk to anyone. I try to teach them. Natalie was there at a bday party so I wasn't even there.

Tricia said...

Ah, the Sedgwicks. Teaching your kids to like sports and swear early. I just love it!!!