Monday, February 9, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADDIE!


Well, Addie finally turned 5. She has been looking forward to this day since she turned 4 last year. It was an extremely long year for Addie as well as the rest of the family. Every time it was someone else's birthday she would get so sad and melt down because it wasn't her birthday.

We celebrated her birthday on Saturday with a party and "bowlin" as she calls it. We took a couple of her friends and all of the family on both sides bowling and it was a lot of fun for everyone. She was a little disappointed that she was not officially 5 on Saturday but handled it pretty well.

Today she was so excited when she woke up that she was finally 5. As I was getting her ready, I asked her what she wanted for dinner and she replied "the Chuck." Chuck -A-Rama is her favorite restaurant and since Ryan works up in Sandy we decided to meet for lunch at the Chuck. We invited Aunt Erin and Uncle Brett (Brett had not ever been to the Chuck and wanted to experience it with the kids, it was a hit!) The girls had their regular of Mac n Cheese, a roll and a crock of cinnamon honey butter (sweet butter) as they refer to it. Afterwards they had ice cream.

Tonight we celebrated with Aunt Erin and Uncle Brett with cupcakes (pinkalicious of course) and watched Madagascar 2.

I think she had a good birthday and she seems to have grown up in just a few days. We love you Addie you bring such joy to us with your crazy ideas and antics. I wished I had half her imagination when I was a kid. We are so grateful that she was sent to us.

Happy Birthday Addie, we love you!

7 comments:

Liz said...

So cute! We just watched Madagascar 2 this weekend and Addie was dancing just like my Kyle was after the show! I should've recorded it...bad mom! Happy Birthday...time sure flies!

Brittney said...

Happy Birthday Addie! I am so sad that we missed out on the party. I hope that you got all your messages from us today. Oaklee was really upset that she did not get to talk to Addie on the phone. We will drop by sometime and give her our gift.

Anonymous said...

Desi,
Sorry about Sunday! Usually when Cam is on call, he never has to go anywhere. But, we still want to come over. Are you home this Sunday? We can stop by anytime after 3pm, just let me know, I promise to come by this time!! Tell her Happy birthday! Lex has written many lists and has changed the theme 20 times for her 5 year party! Can you believe she is 5 already! Love, Kim

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us in on the fun birthday lunch at the chuck and then the movie that night. Happy Birthday Addie!

R.A.A.H. said...

Addie has moves I've never seen before. You realize that if American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance are still around when she gets older, she'll probably try out. I'm glad she had a great birthday and I can't believe she's 5. I love you Addie Poo.

The Bringhurst Bunch! said...

How the heck are ya!! I am so glad you found me I have been wondering how you were. I have tried to find you a couple of times on facebook but I don't think you are there! We need to get togethter sometime. Lisa lives here now so we should all go out. The babe is a doll! He is so cute! Call me-Heather 794-2496

Julie Kaye said...

Thanks for leaving a comment..it was a fun surprise!! I jumped on your Blog and it was fun to see how your life is going! I can't believe you have 3 kids! One by one I hope to make it there someday!