Thursday, March 13, 2008

My new nephew...My only nephew


Alek Rafal Hajdo was born March 13, 2008 at 2:50 in the afternoon. He weighed in at an astounding 6 lbs 11 ozs and is 19 inches long.




He has a ton of Strawberry blonde hair with a little bit of a wave. For those of you who know my sister, this should come as no surprise since she has very naturally curly hair. He is the cutest little guy with a set of lungs on him. We are so excited that he is here, especially Amber who was dealing with extreme swollen ankles over the past three weeks.


Addie is so excited that her "brother" Rafal Junior is finally here. I know, we have tried to convince her that he is her cousin but she said she has a sister and a cousin Oaklee. She however does not have a brother so he is her brother. Here is how the conversation went when I told her he was born.
Desi: Amber had Alek this afternoon.
Addie: You mean he is out...out of her tummy?
Desi: Yes and he has a lot of red hair.
Addie: Like me!!! Oh mom, he really is my brother!
Amber is going to have quite the little helper when Addie is around. She already is talking about how she wants to teach him to walk and talk.



We are all happy that he is here and Amber and Alek are doing great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is really cute! tell Amber and Rafal congrats for me!!!

Tammy H said...

Congrats for your sister and also you. I have a odd request. I came across your nephews picture while googling our last name. Does your brother-in-law have any Polish/German roots? I am just looking for possible relatives whom might be able to break through my brick wall. Again, congrats! Tammy Hajdo