Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lost Teeth....

So Sadie had her tooth pulled in May after an incident with scooter handle bars. Addie lost her first tooth the day we got back from New York. I am so glad it hung on until we got home. She was so excited that she was going to get a visit from the tooth fairy and thanks to inflation, kids these days rake in A LOT more than what I got as a kid.
Tonight we celebrated Ryan's birthday, a day early because tomorrow he has meetings and I have a game (the championship game to be exact). Addie, Sadie and their cousin Oaklee were running around when Addie started screaming. I turned to see blood pouring out of her mouth and being Addie, it was SUPER dramatic. I mean, I know it hurt super bad but I had to yell at her to get her attention and try to settle her down so that we could get the story on what happened. Apparently Sadie's klutziness is rubbing off on Addie because she ran right into a door knob and there is tooth enamel embedded in the knob. Her top left tooth (same as Sadie's) was pushed back. Luckily I was able to push it forward and hopefully it will stay. She is already freaking out about going to the dentist because she doesn't want him to pull it. So crossing the fingers that it doesn't develop an abscess and have to be pulled. Besides, we are still paying off Sadie's extraction because insurance doesn't cover well on those types of things.


Sadie will have her "space" for A LOT longer than Addie


Sadie....glutton for punishment


Addie finally caught up with her little sister


After a "run in" with the door knob


Poor little girl....look at that fat lip, she can hardly talk and the worse thing,
she can't drink her chocolate milk out of a sippy cup.

2 comments:

R.A.A.H. said...

Your poor girls. Addie's lip is so fat, I'm sure that hurt. Well, if she has to get her tooth pulled, then she'll be ahead of the rest of her Kindergarten class with 2 lost teeth. I hope she cooperates at the dentist and doesn't try to kick him again.

Mike and Brianna said...

LOL I am sorry but WTF Addie ran into the doorknob NOT sadie....hahaha that is a little hard to believe since Sadie is always injurying herself. Poor Addie I hope that she doesn't have to get her tooth pulled as well